Who is this course for?
This qualification is intended for teachers with substantial experience who want to:
• Build on their initial English teaching qualification and progress further in their career
• Extend their professional knowledge, develop their skills and apply these to different teaching contexts
• Take on new and challenging responsibilities in their teaching careers
• Demonstrate a commitment to the profession and prove their ability
• Examine their existing practices and beliefs
• Make a career in English language teaching or move into other roles, e.g. Director of Studies, Teacher Trainer, etc.
What is DELTA like?
The Delta is an advanced teacher training qualification made up of three modular components which you can take at different times. All three modules are separately accredited by Ofqual, the regulator for qualifications, exams and tests in England at Level 7 on the National Qualifications Framework for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Delta modules can also be integrated into some MA programmes in the UK. To become Delta qualified, you must pass all three modules, but individual certificates are issued for each module passed. There is no time limit for completing the three modules.
The DELTA course aims to ensure a balance between the demands of practical application and understanding of the theoretical background. As well as a detailed consideration of key theoretical issues, it includes classroom observation and supervised, evaluated teaching practice.
The work load is heavy and candidates are advised not to take on commitments that might prejudice their chances of participating fully in the course.